I’ve finally found the right Office in Bangkok
Back in 2016 when we started MojoSons Events, we had to look for an office in Bangkok.
Because obviously we needed a place where we could focus on work.
If you can work from your home, I’m happy for you. For me, it’s impossible.
The noise, the laundry I forget to do, chilling on my couch for a break…
Every excuses are good to stay away from my laptop. So here we are, looking for the right office in Bangkok.
Different type of Office
You’re confronted to endless options when you’re looking for an office in Bangkok.
Because the rent is cheap compared to Europe or North America, a lot of westerners (me included) often think about renting a whole office or even an entire building as it’s often cheap for the space you have.
But truth is, in my opinion, you quickly find yourself lonely.
In a few months, the bills start piling up, you're bored and missing on networking opportunities.
So we decided to go to a co-working space in Bangkok.
First, we stayed at the Hive Thonglor for a few months. Then moved to the one in Prakanong due to internet issues.
Both are great, the design is really cool, you have 24/7 access, free coffee, some events…
The one in Thonglor even have a spa where you get a discount as a member of the co-working.
Oh and they have a sick terrace on the rooftop!
Only thing I didn’t like is it’s sort of too big.
We saw a lot of people but didn’t connect with anyone.
Everybody’s in their bubble or office, nobody talk to each other. Not as much as other places I've seen.
Finally we took an office in Soi 43 in a condo with a Gym and a large pool.
But after a few months we realized it was an expense that didn’t really made sense for our small business.
A co-working space was still the right match for us.
It gives you more flexibility and the opportunity to meet new people. You’re always one contact away from the one that will change your life.
There's a few reason why I chose to move to this specific Co-working Space in Bangkok.
First, Thonglor is only 10 minutes drive from where I live.
If you're in Bangkok, you know that traffic is pretty insane.
The less commute you have to do everyday, the better it is.
For most people I know it’s the first thing look at when we look for a new condo or office, the location.
Second reason, the price.
A lot of places go insane on prices. You have co-working spaces at over 8,000฿ per month just for a desk. And most of the time the coffee isn't even good (yes, that’s important ).
Most places (like the Hive) also have limited access to the printer, meeting rooms and even sometime the working space itself.
What's the point of having an office only open from 10am to 6pm?
Another problem is the lack of options for food around the offices or co-working spaces.
Sometimes it’s easier to get delivery in Bangkok or you need to drive if you don’t want to spend at least 300฿ for a dish…
Good thing with Mint Workounge is that it’s 2 minutes walk from endless food options, street food, 7/11, Tops Market… and of course you still can get food delivery.
Last thing is the ownership.
Kenneth (the owner) will always introduce newcomers to the rest of the office.
So you know who’s sitting next to you and what they do.
Add to that a few free Beers on the terrace and you’re on the right path to make new friends.
That’s key when you got a business and even more when you’re an expat. Networking.
Between a huge Office or Co-Working Space where you’re just a number and one where you easily connect with people… it’s easy to make a choice.
Why I love having my office in Thonglor
Just to name a few reasons:
- Food and bars! You have a ton of options for good food and drinks.
- The Neighborhood. Thonglor is one of the trendiest place in Bangkok. That makes it a bit expensive but it’s the price to pay to have a lively environment. Tons of bars, clubs, restaurants, events...
- The Location. You're in a pretty central place in Bangkok. It's easy to access, either through Petchaburi or Sukhumvit road. You can get to pretty anywhere in the city center in less than 1 hour.
- The Transports. It’s super easy to find cabs at any time of the day, and it’s 5 minutes away (in motorbike taxi) from the BTS Station.
Why you should come to work at Mint Worklounge?
- The Location
- Cool People
- Endless options for food and drinks around
- 24/7 Access
- Good Price
- Free drinkable coffee (not the case everywhere)
- Chill Rooftop
- Life Size IronMan
- (Me 😁)
Here’s a few places I suggest around:
- Asia Cafe, good coffee, great bakery (tip: ask for the fidelity card and/or leave them a review on Google Maps for a free drink). Try the Vanilla Latte with an original Banana Bread. https://goo.gl/maps/FkdohBNc8Yt
- Kluajiangmai, Northern Thai Food, https://goo.gl/maps/EVEyPJsYHxG2
- Tops Market, only 5 minutes walk, a lot of options for food. https://goo.gl/maps/vwPoo5A7Ebp
(more to come... )